Health for Every Body®:
A Worksite Intervention for Employees Concerned About Weight, Eating and Exercise
Traditional weight loss programs delived in the worksite are ineffective and harmful. Health for Every Body® is an on-site, 10-week program based upon the principles of Health at Every Size® (HAES®) offering employees an alternative, evidence-based approach for making peace with food and their bodies.
- Week One: Overview of the current research regarding dieting, weight and health
- Week Two: Examination and discussion of the social and cultural pressures to be thin
- Week Three: The health consequences of body hatred
- Week Four: Improving body acceptance and self esteem
- Week Five: Pleasurable movement: Fitness at any size
- Week Six: Reducing disordered eating through mindful, intuitive eating
- Week Seven: The health benefits of relationships and social support
- Week Eight: Stress management, mindfulness and finding purpose and meaning
- Week Nine: Improving health in the presence of a chronic condition
- Week Ten: Solidifying and protecting improvements
This was an excellent program. I learned not to hate my body and to accept myself.
The most helpful part was to be able to discuss food and exercise with others without being preached to, scolded or intimidated by program leaders or others.
I am focused on health now instead of trying to get a 20 year old model body (I just turned 50!)